Like us on Facebook for current events, in-office updates, and
Thank you for your support!
- AWHG's Facebook Page
Areas of Expertise
Nurse Practitioners as a healthcare providers
Frequently asked questions on why choose a Nurse Practitioner as your healthcare provider?
What are Nurse Practitioners? (NPs)
NPs are advanced practice nurses who provide high-quality healthcare services similar to those of a doctor. NPs diagnose and treat a wide range of health problems. They have a unique approach and stress both care and cure. Besides clinical care, NPs focus on health promotion, disease prevention, health education and counseling. They help patients make wise health and lifestyle choices. They are truly your Partners in Health.
How are NPs educated?
NPs have graduate, advanced education and clinical training beyond their registered nurse preparation. Most have master's degrees and many have doctorates.
What services do NPs provide?
From treating illness to advising patients on maintaining a healthy lifestyle, NPs provide a full range of services. Patients who see NPs report a extremely high level of satisfaction with the care they receive.Among the many services that NPs provide, they:
- Order, perform and interpret diagnostic tests such as lab work and x-rays
- Diagnose and treat acute and chronic conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, infections, and injuries
- Prescribe medications and other treatments
- Manage patients' overall care
- Spend time counseling patients
- Help patients learn how their actions affect their health and well-being